Version: 29.4.1 Size: 36.26 MB
Date Added: Sep 15, 2021 License: Shareware
Languages: Multi-languages Publisher: Moonchild Productions
OS: Windows 7 64/ Windows 8 64/ Windows 10 64
Pale Moon is an Open Source, Firefox-based web browser for Microsoft Windows, focusing on efficiency and ease of use. Make sure to get the most out of your browser!
Pale Moon offers you a browsing experience in a browser completely built from source with carefully selected features and optimizations to maximize the browser's speed*, stability and user experience, while maintaining compatibility with the thousands of Firefox extensions you have come to love and rely on.
This browser, even though close to Firefox in the way it works, offers a different set of features than its sibling. A few carefully selected features have been disabled that are not in high demand, and that do not interfere with the way web pages are displayed or function; all to maximize the efficiency of the browser. Please see the page with technical details to learn exactly what the browser supports, and what it doesn't support. For example, if you need accessibility features or parental controls, then please visit the Firefox homepage and get the official, non-optimized version of the browser.
Pale Moon will continue to provide appropriately sized grouped navigation buttons, bookmark toolbars enabled by default, tabs next to the default page content (easy to switch) and at least no functional status bar and more freedom of customization, to name a few things.
Pale Moon is and will always be open source and completely free to download and use!
- Optimized for modern processors
- Based on the Unified XUL Platform (UXP) containing our own optimized layout and rendering engine (Goanna)
- Safe: forked from mature Mozilla code and regularly updated with the latest security patches
- Secure: Additional security features and security-aware development
- Supported by our user community, and fully non-profit
- Privacy-aware: zero ads; no telemetry, spyware or data gathering
- Familiar, efficient, fully customizable interface
- Support for full themes: total freedom for any element's design
- Support for easily-created lightweight themes (skins)
- Smooth and speedy page drawing and script processing
- Superior gradients and fonts
- Will continue to support NPAPI plugins like Silverlight, Flash and Java
- Support for a growing number of Pale Moon exclusive extensions
- Extensive and growing support for existing web standards
- Fixed potential crashes.
- Fixed a potential indirect exploit of Microsoft Internet Explorer. (CVE-2021-38492)
- Unified XUL Platform Mozilla Security Patch Summary: 1 fixed, 2 DiD, 8 not applicable.